Who approves my internship? What is the reporting process?
By Fiona Hunter
Last Update hace 2 meses
The following is the step by step approval process for internships:
- Report the internship experience in Handshake, including uploading the offer letter, job description and unofficial transcript
- The company is reviewed for legitimacy and office location are confirmed
- Following company verification, the information is forwarded to the program director for their approval
o Student meets internship program academic eligibility
o Job description is aligned with the program
o Internships dates are in the future and within the semester range (A US/PR student can start earlier and end later, as long as most of the hours worked are within the semester)
o At their discretion, the program director may request a policy waiver in certain circumstances
- Student is responsible for course enrollment, and payment of fees – after the internship has been approved by the program director
- CPT requests will be submitted to ISSO upon confirmation of course enrollment.
- ISSO issues the I-20 after checking for CPT eligibility